Adapted Dance Instructor – Richmond
One 1-hour evening class per week – late October – December 2015
Tuesdays OR Wednesdays at Cambie Community Centre, Richmond
The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC (CPABC) is an independent charitable organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We provide support, education and information to people living with Cerebral Palsy (CP) in British Columbia.
Since 2013, we have offered ‘Dance Without Limits,’ an adapted dance program provided free of charge to children with disabilities between the ages of 5 and 15. We are excited to begin offering the program in Richmond and hope to recruit a dance instructor with dance experience and a desire to work with mixed abilities groups.
Develop and deliver an adapted dance program for children with disabilities in a fun and casual environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the programs assistant and existing dance instructors at other locations to plan 45 minutes of dance based activities designed for a mixed abilities groups on a regular, weekly basis
- Adapt the class as needed, ensure that participants are working different muscle groups in challenging, positive ways while having fun
- Be present at all classes for this program, or ensure that a qualified Instructor is present. CPABC will be notified two weeks in advance of this taking place, or, in the case of an illness, as early as reasonably possible
- Assist with procuring refreshments, taking attendance, and gathering consent forms in the event the supporting staff and volunteers are not available
- Ensure that all safety standards are met for any activities including in the program
- Keep CPABC informed as to the status of the course and any suggestions for course changes.
- Participate in special events such as the Halloween party, filming, etc. with reasonable advance notice
Please email our programs assistant, Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.