Are you a caring individual with a desire to inspire, inform, and engage people with disabilities? Or are you looking for employment and to increase your community involvement?
Then join ConnecTra Society’s Employment Mentorship Support Project as a volunteer mentor or participant today!
As a volunteer mentor, you will support individuals with physical disabilities in various areas of their lives, such as employment training, education, and recreation.
What you’ll need:
- 1 year previous employment experience
- A criminal record check for vulnerable adult
- Commit to volunteering over an eight-month period
- Attend a day-long volunteer orientation. Next session:
- Sunday Aug 27, from 10am-3pm
- Multipurpose Room # 4. Creekside Community Centre, 1 Athletes Way
- There will be a free lunch!
- Reimbursement for parking and Translink passes will also be provided for volunteer mentors
Download the application form now!
As a participant, you will be matched with a mentor for an eight-month period of job search, after which you will receive a $125 stipend.
The Employment Mentorship Support Project is in partnership with University of British Columbia’s Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science.