Join the Movement
Become a Movement Ambassador and receive an Alinker bike designed for people with limited mobility.
Whether we use a wheelchair or walker or just look different – people too often focus on our disabilities rather than our abilities. Cerebral Palsy Association of British Columbia (CPABC) has partnered with Alinker to change that with a new program: Movement Without Limits.
Movement Without Limits gets people with disabilities active and highlights their ability. We are giving each Movement Ambassador a free Alinker walking bike to help them get active. In return, they’ll let us know how being active affects their wellbeing and share photos and videos of themselves in action with their Alinker.
The Alinker is a 3-wheeled walking bike that is designed to help people stay active without sacrificing comfort, style or safety. The Alinker:
- Provides no stress on the lower body
- Gives freedom of motion and great stability for your legs
- Has users upright in a supported, standing position, keeping eye level with the public when moving around
Are you up for the challenge? If so, complete our application below to become one of our Movement Ambassadors to start making a difference!
Already an Ambassador?
Movement Without Limits is generously funded by the Li Ka Shing Foundation.
Apply to be an Ambassador
- Applicant must be a member of CPABC. Become a member for free at: https://www.www.bccerebralpalsy.com/support-us/membership/.
- Applicant must be a resident of British Columbia. If you are outside BC, please contact your local CP association.
- Applicant must have cerebral palsy and you should be able to stand with an aide (eg gross motor skill Levels I-III). Documentation needed. This can be a from a private physiotherapist, occupational therapist or a school file. It does not have to be from a physician.
- Applicant agrees to use Alinker at own risk and waive any liability to Alinker & CPABC for any injury caused while using Alinker.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Applicant agrees to release her or his name, photo and location for marketing purposes.
- Applicant must agree to the Photo Release and Waiver. Please download our 2017 photo and information release.
- Winners agree to report activity usage to CPABC for 1 month and send CPABC at least one photo and/or video of herself or himself using the Alinker bike within a month of receiving the Alinker bike.
- Applications are accepted from November 1, 2017, onwards and will be considered on a first come, first served basis until all Alinkers have been disbursed. Please check this page for any status updates.