Campership Subsidy for Accessible Camps
The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC helps people live a life without limits with the Campership Program, which financially assists individuals of all ages to attend an accessible camp of their choice in BC.
Our camp subsidies have gone towards costs such as partial camp fees, transportation, and attendant care fees.
Without the help of an attendant, many individuals could not attend camp. Although the camp session itself may be free to the participant, the expensive attendant care fee can be a barrier for people wishing to attend camps.
Summer is a time for having fun and feeling free. If you would like to contribute towards next year’s Campership program, you can make a donation on our website (click here) or call us at 604-408-9484
How to Apply
Applications will be open May 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023 – decisions to be shared by July 15, 2023.
Fill in the word document below or use our online form to apply.
- Answer questions and fill out all required fields
- Once completed, you may save the form for your records.
- Print the form, sign and date it in the appropriate places, then mail it to The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org The address is included in the application form.
Note: Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please fill-in your information by typing in the answers directly onto the Campership application form.
Eligibility & Reporting Guidelines
- Applicant must reside in British Columbia and be a member of our association (membership is free and can be filled out here).
- Campership subsidy fund may be used towards the camp fee, hiring a support attendant, and/or transportation cost
- You may attend the camp of your choice that is located in British Columbia such as Zajac Ranch (www.zajacranch.com) or an Easter Seal Camp www.eastersealscamps.ca or any other Accessible Camps
- Successful applicants are required to provide us with a short letter and optional photo/s (print or electronic version) describing your camping experience. These are used for our promotional materials and to thank donors for their support. Photo release form should be signed and submitted via mail if you provide us photo.
- If you have any questions while applying for the campership program, please contact us at 604-408-9484 or email@example.com
Places in BC that may offer subsidies based on demonstrated financial need:
- Variety the Children’s Charity
- Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- McAdams Foundation (Victoria)