Financial aid for special needs camp
The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC helps people live a life without limits with the Campership Program, which financially assists individuals of all ages to attend a special needs camp of their choice in BC.
Our camp subsidies have gone towards costs such as partial camp fees, transportation, and attendant care fees.
Without the help of an attendant, many individuals could not attend camp. Although the camp session itself may be free to the participant, the expensive attendant care fee can be a barrier for people wishing to attend camps.
Summer is a time for having fun and feeling free. If you would like to contribute towards next year’s Campership program please contact us at 604-408-9484 or 1-800-663-0004 to make a donation.
- Applications will close June 28th at 4:00 pm
How to Apply
Fill in the word document below
- Answer questions and fill out all required fields
- Once completed, you may save the form for your records.
- Print the form, sign and date it in the appropriate places, then mail it to The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC. The address is included in the application form.
Note: Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please fill-in your information by typing in the answers directly onto the Campership application form.
Eligibility & Reporting Guidelines
- Campership subsidy fund may be used towards the camp fee, hiring a support attendant, and/or transportation cost
- You may attend the camp of your choice that is located in British Columbia such as Zajac Ranch (www.zajacranch.com) or an Easter Seal Camp www.eastersealscamps.ca or any other Special Needs Camp
- Successful applicants are required to provide us with a short letter and optional photo/s (print or electronic version) describing your camping experience. These are used for our promotional materials and to thank donors for their support. Photo release form should be signed and submitted via mail if you provide us photo.
- If this is the first time you are applying for the campership, please contact Carrie at 604-408-9484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Places in BC that may offer subsidies based on demonstrated financial need:
- Variety the Children’s Charity
- Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- McAdams Foundation (Victoria)
Accessible Camps and Hiking Trails