Making a life without limits one student at a time – that’s what the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC has been doing since 1994 with our bursary program – which is open to any student, in BC, 17 years and older wishing to attend an institute of higher learning in the following year.
The funds for this bursary have been jointly funded by the Kinsmen Foundation and the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC.
Two new requirements:
- Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please fill-in your information by typing in the answers to all questions directly into the 2020 Bursary application form below.
- Applications are open on Friday July 3rd, 2020
- Applications will close on Friday, September 4th, 2020
- Successful applicants will be required to complete 30 hours of community service during their academic year in order to be considered for a bursary in subsequent years.
If you’d like to mail your application, please send it to:
Attention: Bursary Committee
Cerebral Palsy Association of BC
330-409 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2
Please visit your educational institution’s Financial Aid office to learn about institution-specific bursaries available to students with disabilities attending that particular college or university.
Here is a brief list of some of the other bursaries available to BC students with disabilities:
- Disability Awards—Searchable Portal
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Spinal Cord Injury BC
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association Scholarship Program
- Lorne Fraser Educational Fund Scholarships and Bursaries
- Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
- West Vancouver Community Foundation
- Richmond Community Foundation
- Lisa Huss Bursary
- DDCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities