Making a life without limits one student at a time – that’s what the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC has been doing since 1994 with our bursary program – which is open to any student with cerebral palsy, in BC, 17 years and older wishing to attend an institute of higher learning in the following year. The funds for this bursary have been jointly funded by the Kinsmen Foundation and the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC.
We are now accepting applications for 2022! The deadline for the application is Thursday, September 15th, 2022.
How to Apply
Fill in the word document below or use our online form to apply.
- Answer questions and fill out all required fields
- Once completed, you may save the form for your records.
- Print the form, sign and date it in the appropriate places, then mail it to The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org The address is included in the application form.
Note: Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please fill-in your information by typing in the answers directly onto the Education Bursary application form.
Eligibility & Reporting Guidelines
- Applicant must reside in British Columbia and be a member of our association (membership is free and can be filled out here).
- Education Bursaries may be used towards the cost of the course/program, hiring a support attendant, and/or transportation cost
- You may attend your choice of post secondary institute that is located in British Columbia
- Successful applicants are required to provide us with a short letter and optional photo/s (print or electronic version) describing your educational experience. These are used for our promotional materials and to thank donors for their support. Photo release form should be signed and submitted via mail if you provide us photo.
- If you have any questions while applying for the Education Bursary, please contact us at 604-408-9484 or email@example.com
Please visit your educational institution’s Financial Aid office to learn about institution-specific bursaries available to students with disabilities attending that particular college or university.
Here is a brief list of some of the other bursaries available to BC students with disabilities:
- Disability Awards—Searchable Portal
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Spinal Cord Injury BC
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association Scholarship Program
- Lorne Fraser Educational Fund Scholarships and Bursaries
- Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
- West Vancouver Community Foundation
- Richmond Community Foundation
- Lisa Huss Bursary
- DDCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities