Making a life without limits one student at a time – that’s what the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC has been doing since 1994 with our bursary program – which is open to any student, in BC, 17 years and older wishing to attend an institute of higher learning in the following year.
The bursary is named after Yoshinori Tanabe in recognition of his years of dedication and advocacy for people living with Cerebral Palsy in British Columbia.
The funds for this bursary have been jointly funded by the Kinsmen Foundation and the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC.
Two new requirements this year:
- Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please fill-in your information by typing in the answers to all questions directly into the 2018 Tanabe Bursary application form below.
- Applications are open on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Applications will close on Friday, August 24th, 2018
- Successful applicants will be required to complete 30 hours of community service during their academic year in order to be considered for a bursary in subsequent years.
Please visit your educational institution’s Financial Aid office to learn about institution-specific bursaries available to students with disabilities attending that particular college or university.
Here is a brief list of some of the other bursaries available to BC students with disabilities:
- Disability Awards—Searchable Portal
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Spinal Cord Injury BC
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association Scholarship Program
- Lorne Fraser Educational Fund Scholarships and Bursaries
- Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
- West Vancouver Community Foundation
- Richmond Community Foundation
- Lisa Huss Bursary